10 Alternative Rock Songs And Why They Should Be Your Favorites


10 Alternative Rock Songs And Why They Should Be Your Favorites


10. Linkin Park- 'Numb' - This tune is a certain win from LP, illustrating what most teenagers feel when their parents try to push stuff on them. "Can't you see that you're smothering me/ Holding too tightly/ Afraid to lose control" speaks to me as to what kids feel but cannot convey. I love Chester Bennington's vocals anyway, so it's an added incentive. 9. Jay Gordon- 'Slept So Long' - From the audio of Queen of the Damned, I could have sworn this tune was made for that movie. The lyrics are entirely vampiric and sound just what Lestat might be singing to his maker. I really like this tune for the slow and purposeful drums and the growly voice of the vocalist because both make the song just that more awesome. 8. Dethklok- 'Fansong' - I'll be honest here: I love Dethklok. They are just edgy enough to be pleasantly raw. This song particularly is a favorite of mine since the band is blatantly dissing the fans of their music, starting off with (my favorite part of the whole song), "You people out there give us more than just record sales/ You give us something to HATE/ And we hate you, you brainless mutants". Dude! Awesome! I think this is why they hold a firm fan base; they're raw and honest! 7. Marilyn Manson- 'This Is the New Sh*t' - God, I adore this song! The thing that appeals to adoration the most is that Marilyn Manson is the artist. Besides that, I love that the song is letting the gritty quality of the new world come to light rather than following along with old "lovey-dovey" ways. I'm not the type of individual who is by and large prissy and sweet, so this is an instant favorite. 6. Limp Bizkit- 'Break Stuff' - This is the ultimate song for those sh*tty days that everybody has. You know, the days when all you wish to do is rip somebody's head off? I find this a bang-up way to allow all that pent up stress out in lieu of really pulling someone's head off. Limp Bizkit hit the nail on the head with this song. 5. Fall Out Boy- 'Thnks Fr Th Mmrs' - You can say I'm a sheep, but I actually do like this song. This is one of those end-of-summer songs, right after the final great party. Patrick Stump's vocals has just gotten better, especially with the lyrics, "Get me out of my mind/ And get you out of those clothes" for a reference to the summer fling everybody loves to hate after the summer has passed. 4. Evanescence- 'Bring Me To Life' - Amy Lee is the image of the word "deep". This song, although old, will ever be a favorite of mine because of, its appearing in Daredevil, and two, the absolute depth of the lyrics Amy belts out with such passion. To be fair, this is an excellent shower-singing song because it's so low-pitched! 3. AFI- 'Love Like Winter' - There's actually no reason why I like this song other than the lyrics themselves. Just thinking of a wintertime made of sugar and ice is appealing! My favorite part of the lyrics is "Press your lips to the sculptures and surely you'll say/ Love like winter" because it sounds a little romantic. I also suggest checking out the music video for this song. 2. 3 Days Grace- 'Pain' - Haha, this song is the best. This is what the world is about these days and I'm loving it. A world of wretchedness is worse than a world of wrath. "Anger and agony/ Are better than misery"! 3DG is a eternal favorite here. 1. Papa Roach- 'Dead Cell' - What can I say? This tune is No. 1 {all theevery] time. Dead Cell is a term for an outcast in society, someone that does not quite fit with the rest of the world. I love this song strictly because it points out all the defects of the "normal" society and brings the loners to the front. Besides that, you gotta love Papa Roach!
-->

0 comments: